How do I get rid of lice eggs in my 2 yr old daughters hair?

My daughter and I have lice, I am having trouble with keeping her still long enough for me to pick out all of the eggs!! I used NIX and it did not work, then we went thru the mayo treatment last night. We left the mayo on our heads from 5pm until this morning, I have to say she did great keeping the shower cap on until I put her to bed, then it came off, but I expceted it to. Anyway now that I HOPE the bugs are dead and combed thru most or her hair it is time to pick thru her hair and get rid of the eggs. Lilly did great for about 20 mins, then she had enough. What do I do now to finish what I have started? Curse these little bugs, I hate them and they are a nightmare to deal with... I am at my wits end with this. ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT!! Thanks

hillandlil

Asked by hillandlil at 12:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• I don't know if this will help of not, but my sister was 5 when she brought home lice, and my dad was having the same problem with her, and so her cut her hair really short, like right below her ears, so that he could get through it quicker, and when it was all gone he took her to a hair cut lady and lied, said that she did it herself, lol, and got it shaped into a cute little bob.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Also, try doing it when she is asleep. Let her fall asleep on the couch, or with her head in your lap, and have all your supplies ready and out of sight so she doesn't see them and get freaked out.

Supplies being: Your comb, a cup of water, a paper towel to clean the comb off into, and some hair clippys to hold back the hair that you have already gone through.

And having had it before (well you know, you have it too!) remember that it does kinda hurt to pull out an egg that is really attached to the hair, so just keep that in mind.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You can try a hairdryer, just don't burn her.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Ok here is the real deal on lice. Forget over the counter meds..they dont work. Home remedies don't either. Call your doctor and tell them that you tried over the counter things and it keeps coming back. Then tell them you want something called ovide called in for her. You wont have to pick nits or use it more than once. My DH has super thick hair and we tried everything. This is the only thing that worked. Only I hope you have insurance because it is almost three hundred bucks a bottle. Then vacume your house and wash all bedding in hot water.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009