Was anyone who did not vote for Obama moved by how many people were at his inaugeration and the fact there was not one arrest?

I did not vote for him, but after seeing the inspiration and the hope he has inspired as well as the peace and the togetherness that was apparent in the crowds, how can we not have hope with this man at the wheel. How could he possible turn his back on so many people who believe in him and are moved by him. I am almost ashamed that I didn't see the real need for Americans was to have hope again. I didn't realize so many had lost hope. I am actually fully turned at this point that no matter what the future holds for Americans he is the one who was suppose to be President. NOT EVEN ONE ARREST. NOT EVEN ONE INCIDENT. TRULY AMAZING.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 12:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• im not moved by that, thats how it SHOULD be. applaud people for acting the way they should? No thank you.

im not saying that isnt good, because it is, BUT im not going to be 'moved' by people acting the way the should.
    Anonymous

• im not moved by it at all.... oooooooo a bunch a people where there big deal.... he blew a bunch of smoke and u all believe it... thats cool ur choice but i anit with it
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• What smoke did he blow? He said their is a lot of work to be done, is that smoke? He said it is going to take all of us to make a difference, how is that not true? Some would say that it would be a typical liberal, including me a short time ago that would say I'm just going to sit on my a$$ and let the government take care of me. I hardly think anything about what he said denotes that kindof change. So I ask again what smoke?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 12:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i loved it and i am not much of an obama supporter.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We are missing the point, there were no riots there were no demonstrations, FOR ONCE IN AMERICAN......it was PEACEFUL when it came to politics. How can we not appreciate this. I don't remember when Clinton was Inaugerated or Reagan but I remeber demonstrations during the Bush Inaugeration, and I liked Bush. So tell me when the last time there was this feeling of security that we've had with a President by so many Americans, I would like to know. It does appear he has the majority of the population at peace and what America needs now is CONSUMER CONFIDENCE.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 12:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I thought it was nice that there were no incidents of stupidity at the inauguration. Possibly the reports of extreme security and the screening/scanning of everyone there was a help. It is nice to see people acting nice at a public event instead of acting like a bunch of animals, however it is achieved.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• There may not have been any REPORTED arrests at the inauguration, but there was some gang activity and fatal shootings in one of our nearby cities.
    Anonymous

• sheri the smoke is all that "change" he is promising you.... they said it on the news the other day... how is he going to create 4 million jobs??? and what, do he expect to end this war? what happens when we leave and the terrorists gets bigger in numbers and stronger then come back at us???

JMO bu ti don't believe in nothing he has been saying...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm sure the "riots" will begin when Obama doesn't deliver! The Kool-Aid hasn't worn off yet...but it will....it will.
    Anonymous

• I'm touched by the American hope that this country now has. I voted for McCain but it was a tough decision. I'm hopeful for our countries future....how can we not be. I hope that our new President, as charismatic as he is, can turn our country around with the tools he's given and with the help and hope that he has inspired in so many people.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009