should I be worried?

My husband keeps coming home and telling me that people are getting fired where he works. He says that i shouldn't worry but i can't help but worry. what do you think?

Kayla23boys

Asked by Kayla23boys at 12:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I say don't worry about until it happens if it does.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Are you saying "fired" or "laid off"... There is a difference. Maybe if they are being fired, it's because they have done something wrong, or are no longer a "need" to the company. If they are being laid off, it's happening everywhere.. but it will pick up. It's the election. It happens this way every time.
    Anonymous

• ALWAYS have a back up plan.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I agree, that he should have a back up plan set up for the just in case. With the way people are laying off, it's hard not to want to keep a back up plan. Regardless of where you stand in a company. If people are being fired though.. that is different. The company in that case is getting rid of the "bad apples" rather than laying off their good workers to save themselves some money, if that is the case and your hubby is one of the good workers, you probably don't have to worry, but regardless, keep a card up your sleeve, because you never know.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It's hard not to worry but you can always have a back up plan.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 1:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009