Any Advice for a sexless marriage Part 2

Hi, Thanks for your answers. I HAVE tried to seduce him. Many times. Nothing...We went away for a night and it still seemed like I had to force him. I have tried touching, rubbing, sexy outfits and nothing.(oh and I cook him dinner every night) Our daughter is a preemie and an emergency c-sec. in Sept. followed by a 94 day hospital stay and now she's home. It's been stressful, but Seriously there is no physical relationship anymore. NONE. Has anyone ever heard of this????

sbrennan

Asked by sbrennan at 12:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• It is pretty common for men and women to lose their sex drive completely after not having had any for so long, and speaking from experiance you can't just jump back into it. You kinda have to build yourself back up.

Example: I was only sleeping with my SO about once a month (just to please HIM) from the time I was about 4 months pregnant until about 2 months ago (my daughter is now 8 months old). Then I started feeling bad that I was depriving him, and starting making myself do it more often, and now my sex drive is starting to come back and I actually initiated sex for the first time in a year.

Also, I don't want to say this, but is he masturbating to do it himself, and so does not feel the need/want to sleep with you? Or is it possible that there is another woman?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my hubby and i have only had sex once in the past two months. but he is going to the dr next week to check his hormone levels. sometimes low testosterone can affect a sex drive. dont let other people's suggestions discourage you. i know how frustrating it is when people think "dressing sexy" or "seduction" is the magic answer. hang in there!
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 12:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Hey, SBRENNAN here, No I don't think there is another woman, and I think I masturbate more than he does.
    sbrennan

Answer by sbrennan at 12:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Having a baby in general can be more over whelming than we think on a man, I know my SO and I went through the same thing when our son was born give it time to get better, know its hard because it was for me but I finally told my SO I couldn;t handle it anymore, and so far things have been a little bit better
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• HAVE HIS HORMONAL LEVELS CHECKED, AND EXPLAIN TO HIM THE IMPORTANCE OF INTIMACY.

Answer by older at 1:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• have you tried a whipped cream bikini?
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Have you asked him whats up? Maybe if he wants to try something new or why he doesn't want to do the old stuff...
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009