How do you feel about getting over the negativity? Yes, I'm bitter and resentful. Here's why....

I keep seeing the same question asked over and over AND over again, just in different ways. And just when I submit my very honest answer, the question is closed. This is my forum for saying what I need to say. Whether you agree or disagree, please share your point of view.

I did not vote for Obama. Now that he is President, I do accept him as our leader. I will be diligent in keeping up with our nation's issues on a daily basis and what is proposed for the future. I will take action to support what I believe in and I will hold our politicians accountable--whether I voted for them or not.

Non-Obama supporters are constantly being preached to about "uniting" and "getting over our negative feelings for Obama." This makes me bitter and resentful. Does it even occur to non-Bush supporters (mostly now Obama supporters) that if you'd done the same eight years ago that our country would be better shape right now?

sgalsmommy

Asked by sgalsmommy at 12:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You know the funny thing about all this "you liberals" and "you conservatives" stuff, with the whole you made a mess of the country, no, you did. You made us a joke on the world stage, no, you make us look weak, etc etc etc -

In all the people I've met that aren't US citizens (and, as former military, current military spouse, I've met a lot), not ONE time has any of them asked me if I was a Republican or Democrat. I get - oh - you're American - either in a good way or a bad way, depending on the person.

I hated how people made a national past time of Bush bashing. I hate that people are already preaching doom and gloom about Obama and he's not even had one full day on the job yet.
    I think that it's about time that BOTH sides of the aisle stop cutting off their noses to spite their faces, because, whether we like it or not, whether we agree or not, we are all in this together.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• yea really.. everybody is hating on bush when THEY voted him in for 8 yrs...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• clapping

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Demi Moore has created a celebrity MySpace video showing celebrities' "pledges" to their country now that Obama is President. Suddenly, there's this feeling of needing to unite, to stand behind our President. If the liberals had taken their current advice and applied it eight years ago, perhaps our country wouldn't appear as vulnerable to outsiders as it does now. I understand the need, I truly do. And I'm willing to do my part. But the bitterness I feel is going to take some time to get over. So, bash me, judge me, say what you will, but I'm being honest. And getting angry with me because of the way I feel isn't going to speed up the process; it's only going to prolong it.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• FINALLY! thank you. I wrote before that people were just dragging their feet when Bush was in office. Now, a day later...people are ready to hit the ground running? it is sad that people can't better themselves with their own determination.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It also bothers me because non-obama supporters are being called "racist Christians" and "Bible thumpers" and such.

They can hate on bush all day long, but the minute we say anything negative about the "annointed one", they can't stomach it.
    Anonymous

• Democrats are asking for something they never did when Bush was in office. They need to get over it. They whined about stolen elections and called Bush vile names for 8 years. Conservatives are not saying half the crap they did. Don't dish shit out unless you can take it I guess.

Anonymous

• you rock

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Not everyone is going to be happy no matter what happens in life. I applaud you for accepting him as our leader. It would be the same outcome if Mccain had been voted in. You can"t please everyone in life and thats ok , because everyone is entitled to their opinion. We live and learn on a daily basis.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• maybe if Bush would have inspire the country the way obama is inspiring us more would have being done.
    Anonymous