What is the best way to switch from breastmilk to fomula with my almost 3 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always just started by switching out an ounce of breastmilk in the bottle for an ounce of formula and then every couple of days adding another ounce of formula and such. That worked for us. I switched my one boy at three months and the other at one month.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• First introduce breast milk in a bottle to get her on the bottle, and then when she is taking it OK, starting mixing your bottles 1/2 formula and 1/2 BM, so that she does not have constipation problems, and after a week you can start using less breast milk and more formula until she is all on formula.

And don't let any of the boob nazi's bash you for wanting to wean your daughter. It is your choice, good luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The best way is not to. Babies need breastmilk.
    Anonymous

• I'm all for breastfeeding. but there's a point when you just have to stop. I nursed my oldest tillhe was 4 months, my daughter none, she was allergic to it or whatever i was eating,my son till he was 5 months and my new baby till she was three months. I always did the ounce or so substitute for the other then half and half until the baby was ready for the whole formula. which ever works for you both. my youngest even went on strike! I just wasn't producing what she needed to satisfy. it's alwasy give a little go a little so take your time and let her tummy adjust to the new stuff before adding more. Good luck!
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 1:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009