I really don't fell like going to my friends house later on tonight how can I get out of going?

Okay a few days ago my friend had sent me a text about some work from home thing that she is having at her house tonight and at the time it was supposed to start at 6:30, and I was fine with that but now its not until 7:00 and knowing how these things go it will go on for at least an hour or so, and honestly it doesn't fit into my schedual I have a 5 month old who eats his dinner around that time and expects to be fed and get in his jammies and go to sleep, but if I tell her that she will think that I am just copping out, does anyone have any idea what I can tell her so she doesn't think I am just being a jerk about it?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • If your friend cannot understand that your BABY'S needs come first, then she is not a real friend! Tell your friend what you said here, and let it be! If she's your friend, she'll understand. If not, then it's her loss, not yours.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would just be honest with her:) The truth is that it doesn't fit into your schedule. If she thinks its just an excuse then so be it.

I don't know why you would consider lying when you have a legitimate excuse!

Anonymous

• I'm the LAST person that wants to answer this and tell you what I did...pretty similar situation, my friend wanted to come to visit from Kitchener, I'm in London Ontario Canada..she's about 1 hr away, so not that far. I said because of a 7 month old that wakes 3-4 x a night we should do an over night visit when he's older, and that if her and her hubby want to come for a few hr's in the early evening that would work best. She proceeded to tell me that I've changed, and that our friendship is one sided, and that she know's when she's being " slighted" SO with all that being said...I'm going to tell you to tell her the truth!!! That it doesn't work for you...if she isn't a supportive friend, then she's not a true friend and you are NOT losing out on anything!!!!
    Anonymous

Its not that I want to lie to her its just that I already told her okay but now I realize its just not going to work, and every time she suggests something for us to go do together I usually find that it just doesn't work out, see she doesn't have any children at all so she doesn't understand that sometimes its just more hassle then its worth especially when you ahve a baby that is on a schedual
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It really is hard for people to understand when they don't have children so I know how you feel. She probably is going to feel like its just another excuse, but thats the way it is. The good news is if she ever plans on having children she will finally understand:) Good luck.

I wasn't being rude by the last comment I made even though it came across that way. Sorry
    Anonymous

• My very beest friend used to do that-not get that my ds came first.But it wasn't that she didn't care,she didn't get it because she had no kids.Can someone else feed the baby this one time?or hey-just tell her you are sick w/the flu.If she gets mad, and shes a true friend,she'll get over it.Don't let it become a huge drama about how"true" a friend she is.she just wants to see you, and spend time w/her friend w/o the mom role.I can understand that can you?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Tell her you have explosive diarrhea and you would be terribly uncomfortable anywhere but your own house/toilet...I have used that excuse to get out of things like that before!! People don't ask questions, they are too uncomfortable to!

Anonymous

• tell her you ate bad peanut butter and have food poisoning.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I hate it when ppl want to drag you to their home for some kind of scam thing like work at home, or amway or mary kay (yeah scam. its too expensive). i would say your kid is sick.
    Anonymous

• **cough*** flu... i think i am coming down with something...
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 3:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009