What do you do with your 4/5 month old?

My son is 4 1/2 months old and I just want to get a few ideas of what other people do. What activities do you do with your babies? What toys do they like the best? Do you play with them mostly on the floor, in your lap, in a pack N play? All three? Any ideas are helpful! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I lay a blanket on the floor with some toys on it. I let him sit up and play with his toys.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I always played on the floor with my son. I would spread a big blanket down and put his favorite toys down. I always used toys that played music and would light up. He loved them. When we would get tired of floor time I would put him in his bouncer or his swing.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My little spend a lot of time on the floor on his play gym mat or on a blanket. He played with the small toys (the one's that are usually attached to bouncers) and sassy brand toys. He began crawling at 6 months. I beleive that he started crawling because we gave him some freedom on the floor. DOn't get me wrong he also spent some time on my lap, holding little books or his little toys.
    love4cory

Answer by love4cory at 1:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sometimes we play on the floor so he can get his tummy time. We practice rolling over and trying to crawl. He really likes his exer-saucer thing with all the toys. Sometimes he lays in his rocker seat and I put the toy bar up and he plays with that. He loves anything that makes sound and even better if the buttons are big enough that he can press them. He also loves those vibrating hanging toys that you pull and it shakes. He's very active...I wish he would just sit in my lap and play! But he likes to be up and do his own thing.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I sit my 4 month old daughter in my lap and we look at board books. SHe likes to lay on her back on her play mat and grab the toys that hang down. We just started watching Sesame Street, I know she can't see/hear/understand it all, but whatever. She likes her exer-saucer, too and when she gets tired of one thing, I just turn her a little to face the new toys!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009