Boyfriend and his video games?

I have about had it with my boyfriend and his stupid video games. He knows I HATE it when he sits on his butt playing. I am 7 month's pregnant and sometimes I want to lay down in my room and relax with some t.v BUT to my surprise hes playing video games. He is 27 years old I think he too old for them. I wake up at 2 am sometimes to see that hes waited till I fell asleep to start playing again. should I hide his playstation?

faithsMoM27

Asked by faithsMoM27 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• mu hubby is ADDICTED to video games. he will sit and play for hours and hours... i made him get me a TV so that i can watch my shows and he can still play. but the one thing that SAVES our marriage is wednesday nights- date night :) no matter what, he doens't play video games and i don't watch TV. its our time together, we go out to dinner and to a movie, or a hockey game, or just sit at home and cuddle on a movie that we agreed on
    aml8808

Answer by aml8808 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Hiding it is probably gonna lead to a fight.. just tell him he needs to spend more time with you or help around the house while you relax.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I am quite certain I will take video games up again when my kiddos are a bit younger. I don't think you can be too old. Does he come through on his other responsiblities? Does he go if you make plans for a date etc? Idk why it would be a problem for him to play otherwise... If you have a show you like to watch, just give him a heads up so he can plan around it kwim?
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 1:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My fiance is 38 and plays video games..I do not think he is too old for it. He does not play it all the time, he plays it when there is really nothing else for him to do.
    I think your boyfriend is immature. He probably is addicted to the game. I had a friend who married a guy like yours and they just got divorced after 1 /12 years of married. I would sit your little boy down and ask him what his priorities are. He is who he is..you can not make him do something that he does not want to do. He will probably resent you for that.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i think hiding would cause a fight like anestheticsex said...
    i say you talk to him and eplain that he cant be on it all the time. trust me..
    my bf use to do that and after i talked to him it calmed down but then i got hooked ! lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i have the same problem..my boyfriend plays that "world of war craft" game and he never gets off of it...he comes home for lunch during the week and gets on that game until he has to leave..then when he gets home he gets on it and says he will only be 20 -25 minutes and is on there for 3-4 hours..so i know how you feel..im only 11 weeks pregnant and i like to lay down and watch t.v. to and im just glad that my boyfriends game is on the computer..so i can lay down and pay no attention to his stupid game..lol
    JessFreeman

Answer by JessFreeman at 1:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• He does come through with responsibilities but It's the game first. I mean if I need something from him he makes me wait instead of putting the game on pause. My 6 year old daughter and him fight about whos turn it is and they start yelling at eachother....It's seriously frustrating. There are things around the house that need to be fixed and hes still sitting there playing. I just don't like the fact hes addicted to this game cause whats going to happen when I have the new baby??? am I going to be doing everything while he finishes his missions? It' ridiculous
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well by what you described I would say I am addicted to Cafemom :) I get on here first and often plan my day around it. This is the water-cooler in my sahm world. But it is more than that as I use it for entertainment like hub's video games are for him. Idk what you should "do" about it now. I would not be putting up with anyone yelling at my child though that was not their biological father. Sorry- just wouldn't be sticking around for that and wouldn't have gotten involved in it in the first place.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 2:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009