Does anyone have any good "ice breaker" games!?

I'm going on a woman's get away weekend trip and we need some good group games to play...any ideas?

soccermama08

Asked by soccermama08 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If the women are all arriving at different times, and you want something to get them mingling, you can try some of these games -

Buy a large child's puzzle. As the women arrive, give them a puzzle piece and they have to find the person / people their piece fits with.

Make a list of famous women (famous - not infamous, lol - no Monica Lewinski's or anything like that). As people arrive, place a name tape on their back with one of the women on it, and have them ask other people questions to figure out who they are (like, am I alive or dead. Am I an athlete. What's one thing I'm famous for...) If it's a church retreat, they can be women from the bible.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Catchphrase is soooo fun.. and you play on teams so a bunch of people can play. I'm sure Target and Walmart sells it.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I like Apples to Apples or pictionary.
    Anonymous

• taboo, guesstures, yatzee
    theres not set number of players, and it can get really fun and crazy with those games (yatzee not so much, but definately the other two get crazy)
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Cranium would be a good investment. Its a lot of fun for all types of gatherings
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 1:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I like playing scatagories.(you can be specific too.. like who can make it dirtier. lol) or yatzee or pictiondary.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• cont
    Have everyone try to find someone whose first name starts with the last letter of their own first (or last) name.

Throughout the event, periodically have a "woman in the spotlight" moment - interview these women before the retreat to find out things that many people should know about them and things that very few or no people might know about them. Then, when you do your women in the spotlight moment, you post clues every few minutes as people get to go around and "interview and eliminate" each other, based on the clues already posted, to see who can figure out who it is. Have the spotlight woman play along, interviewing as well. (Clues like, I read in all sorts of weird places. I have 2 kids. My favorite color is blue. I love cheese. My initials are AM.)
    sailorwifenmom

• As far as game games, not ice breaker games goes -

You could play taboo, pictionary - do it in the style of the old game show it's based off of, which was win, lose or draw. You get a big easel and notepad, divide into your teams, and the person stands in front of the room doing the drawing. Along those lines, you could also play charades.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Catch Phrase is really fun. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009