I have a question about my new tatoo

Just got my first one a week ago today..yesturday it started peeling..it looks like part of it is just my regular skin underneath..whats up with that? I am clueless to this...i have been putting lotion on it 3/4 times a day..just like that artist said to do.

finallyamommy76

Asked by finallyamommy76 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Normal, it is scabbing most all tatoo shops carry tattoo goo it keeps it moist. Don't worry about it coming off the ink is below this skin thats peeling. Congradulations on new ink!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:45 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• It does that. Put clear A&D ointment on it. Keep it hydrated it's just dry.
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• your tattoo artist should have given you a care list and a signs to watch out list. If you didn't get that, I would contact the parlor back to see what they think. I have never had peeling with my tattoos and as far as I know my sisters didn't either. Between the three of us there are 12 tattoos. However, everyone heals differently and everyone reacts differently. And all of ours were done by the same artist, so that may have made a difference too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Buy some bag balm and put it on a few times a day...It will keep the skin looking good and keep the colors better and brighter.
    Chrissy2944

Answer by Chrissy2944 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• it's gonna flake....just DONT PICK AT IT!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 2:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• It will peal but dont pick at it let it all fall off on its own. If you have any questons just call your artist they will help you too.
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 3:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I think that the artists that tell you to put lotion on it are crazy. Use A&D ointment. Put a little bit on and rub it until it's competley absorbed. I have 6 tattoos, one is a cover job so technically 7. And I've gotten different care instructions each time. The ones that look the best are the ones I was instructed to use A&D ointment on.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• its normal to peal put A&D ointment on it throughout the day.
    Anonymous

• Keep it hydrated it is just dry skin, you'll be fine!
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 6:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• It should be just healing. Time will tell. my artist now recommends Auquafor creme it,s let greasy than A&D. It absorbs faster and heals quicker! If you not happy after healing go back. A good artist will alway correct it for nothing especially if your going for another qt that time.
    nycurlee

Answer by nycurlee at 1:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2008