How do you know what school is best for your kid

I have a 31/2 yrs old son he is going to be 4 in july. I have him in a school right now but i attend with him once a week and its suppose to make him familiar with reading abc and other things but when he turns 4 i want to put in him school. How do you know what school is going to be good for him. what signs do you look for? this is my first time and i dont want to enroll him in any school.

vmoran06

Asked by vmoran06 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter attended preschool. What I really like about the school was they learn abc's, interacts, a lot of fieldtrips and programs on every occasion. Its awesome.
    miz_kress

Answer by miz_kress at 1:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• When I selected a preschool for my kids I first asked neighbors and friends in the area where they brought their children & why they chose that school. From that list the ones that stood out I made appointments with and visited. I kept in mind my kids individual needs and what I felt they would feel most comfortable with. The school I chose was not the fanciest, most expensive or the one that declared to stress education...the school I picked was the one that I felt had the most nurturing environment mixed with a good amount of learning. I decided a co-op preschool would work best for our family because I could attend and help out 1 time a month which in my opinion helped my kids adjust quickly to the school. Now both my kids are in this school and they both absolutely love it! It also has an open door policy so I can show up unexpected at anytime (and I do) and a very secure security system in place. good luck
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009