Could My Kitty Be In Heat (About 6 -7 Months Old)

I've had these twins kittens for about a month now. They were dropped off, I belive the one I can't get is Male. (At least I hope) The one that I do have is Female. She just started this whinny thing were she whines all the time. Off and on, more at night. She's kinda lay on the ground if you will picture this, and move her little legs up and down, when she sits down sometimes she acts like she can't sit, and she's licking down there alot. Any idea??? I'm thinking she may be in heat. It's been along time since I've had a Female kitty..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Oh yes, she can be in heat at that age. I would make sure that you worm her and that she has no paristes bothering her, if you already haven't. But more than likley she is.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It sounds like she is in heat. When she is done (about a week) you should go get her fixed (most places won't fix a girl until she has had her first heat)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• SHE IS DEFENITELY IN HEAT!!!+HAVE HER FIXED OR YOU WILL HAVE TONS OF MALES MEOWING AT YOUR DOOR!

Answer by older at 2:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• we just went throught this with my cat , she is definatly in heat. my vet fixed her yesterday she was in heat when they did it, it cost a little bit more but we had to have it done she was driving us crazy and she was miserable. cats go into heat every 2-3 weeks untill they are either pregnant or spayed...... good luck
    Heather03

Answer by Heather03 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Our vets spayed early enough to avoid the cat ever going into heat. You probably should take her now. It is likely heat, but it could be cystitis or blocked anal gland.

Answer by Bmat at 4:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• GET HER FIXED!!! the last damn thing this world needs is more unwanted kittens. Especially if she is outdoors. It also reduces thier risk of breast cancer by about 80%.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I can't get her fixed till after she's had her first heat... Dang it!! My luck will be she'll end up going through a few till I get my next check.

Calliesmommie,
    She's indoors. And the other indoor kittys are fixed. She has no chance of getting pregnant inside, if she accidently got outside and got pregnant. The kittens wouldn't be unwanted. I rescue animals. She and her twin Brother are actually rescues themselves. A dear freind of mine turned her house in to a Animal rescue and would help find homes for them. I'm not one of those mean people that would just let them sit out side and die, esp when I have rescued many animals myself, pisses me off that people actually leave these animals out. And it pisses me off that you would assume that I wouldn't want them!
    Anonymous