Do you and your SO have life insurance?

Just wondering what percent of moms on here have life insurance policies for themselves and SOs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• we do. We also have life insurance on our kids too...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I sell insurance, so if I didn't have it, it would be hypocritical lol. When me and my DH were together, he didn't qualify for life insurance due to his driving record and mental issues. However, I had two life insurance policies.

I strongly encourage everyone to have life insurance that they own, not just some group policy at work.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 1:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We only have $20,000 on me, but we have $500,000 on him.

If I died he would not be out any $$$ so thats why mine is so low.
    Anonymous

• We do and the kids.
    Anonymous

• We do not but we plan on having it within the first couple of months. Just add it to the other bills.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Anonymous who only has $20,000.....if you died would he be able to replace your income if you work, or hire someone to stay at home with the kids if you're a SAHM? They say the annual worth of a mother is around $150,000.

I mean, if you died, he would only have enough to bury you and maybe pay off a credit card. I'd really look into getting more insurance. You should get with a Financial planner or Life Insurance agent, and have them do a Needs Analysis...it may shock you what you are actually "worth".
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 1:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would like to, but way too expensive if you have a health condition.
    Anonymous

• I'm covered at work and hubby gets a small amount as does my dd through my office. Then hubby gets some through his work and purchased extra for himself and me there. Then dd has the gerber grow up plan. Not the best as for premiums, but I really like the fact that it stay with her after 18. my stuff at work cuts out then.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• yep hubby has one through work, and we both have one's we've purchased ourselves
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yeah, we both have and so have our children, he has at least £300,000 more than me because he brings in the mst money etc.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 3:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009