if on birth contol pills do you still ovulate?

dommysmommy101

Asked by dommysmommy101 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• Yes, hence the people who get pregnant on the pill.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I got pregnet on birth control
    memeof8655

Answer by memeof8655 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you arent supposed to but you can
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I got pregnant on the pill and that's when I realized that they don't put on number on the back so you can't call and cuss them out!!!!!
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 1:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you aren't suppose to but you can. the pill also makes your uterus a "hostile" environment to a fertilized egg so it cant implant just in case you do ovulate. but alas sometimes even that is not enough to prevent pregnancy. pills are very effective when taken correctly but there is a failure rate associated with any kind of birth control. the "actual use" failure rate of the pill is about 6% when women who forget, or skip pills are included in the data. the overall failure rate when all pills are taken as directed is about 2%.
    Anonymous

• btw, "as directed" not only means every day but at the same time of day. say you take it at 7 am during the week but sleep in on the weekends & end up taking it at 10 am instead. that little laspe can cause a failure.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you can. I got preggo 2x on the pill and once on depo. I have decided to have my paraguard IUD removed b/c of the chance of pregnancy on it. Now, I am going to practice NFP and use female condoms until we're ready to have another baby.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I got pregnant on the pill.. I know why it does not work for some woman because you need to take it the SAME time everyday, and watch what medications make effect it.. well I wasn't on medication, besides bc, and took it everyday, the same time, and still had my sweetie. Sometimes you need a higher dose because your body can learn to reject a certain amount after a given period of time.. at least that's what my doc told me when he had to explain why the pill didn't work, lol. Either way, if you are going to use bc, find what works best for you, and use a condom.. If you honestly don't want anymore children, then get your tubes tied rather than rely on bc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009