What is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?

I'm talking about that thing, that when you think about it, it still makes you shiver.

Country220

Asked by Country220 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a dream for a week straight that my father was going to have a heart attack. Then about 3am one morning my mother called me down to her house because my father was having really bad chest pains, he went unconscious and I had to revive him. I am a volunteer fire fighter and have belonged to medical community for ten years. I am professional at what I do but when it involves your family your training doesn't allow for personal emotion.
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 1:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• UMM.. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MY CAR ACCIDENT. WHEN IWAS 19. I HAD A REALLY BAD CAR ACCIDENT THAT TO THIS DAY I CANT EVEN DRIVE DOWN THAT STREET WITHOUT GETTING SCARED. I BROKE MY WRIST AND MY CAR WAS A TOTAL LOSS. SO YEAH I THINK THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE IT BECAUSE I HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT IT. AND I CANT EVEN DRIVE AT NIGHT BECAUSE OF IT. SO YEAH..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was robbed at gunpoint in the laundry facility in the first apt complex I ever lived in. I still taste the adrenaline when I think about it. I was scared to death. He had a double barrel shotgun and took my coat and cell phone. He was never caught.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The election of Obama
    Anonymous

• i was in a bad wreck (car) and i was scared to let other people drive me around for years.... i would have literal panic attacks about it, i love to fly though!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The big C, I guess.

After that I'd say a few summers ago when a car running a red light hit us on my side. Our car was totalled. The side air bags saved me. All I had was bruises and whiplash.

Answer by Bmat at 2:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I lost my daughter in a very busy street for a full 15 minutes that felt like hell! (Its a long story)
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Back in Dec 2007,I thought I was having a heart attack...I thought OMG I'm only 27 years old,I cant be having a heart attack! I had all the symptoms,my chest was heavy,I couldnt breathe,lots of chest pain,my left side was going numb & I was home by myself.I called my bf at work,he came right away,then we called 911.The paramedics came & they checked me out & they said I wasnt having a heart attack,they asked me if I had been under a lot of stress & I said yes.And all be damned guessed what,I was having an anxiety attack...but it scared the shit out of me!!So when I do start to stress out,I think about that time & I try to relax!
    amanda2780

Answer by amanda2780 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• When my son was laying in my arms and couldn't breathe. He was choking. I saved him. But I am crying righ now thinking about it.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Two things come to mind: being raped, is one. The other is when my daughter was 15 months old, she was hit in the head with a falling solid oak door. It almost missed her completely, but the corner caught her right at the hairline. It took 38 stitches, because they had to stitch together the membrane that protects the brain & skull first, and then the layer closest to her skull, and then the outside of the wound. There is nothing quite so scary as looking at your baby's bleeding head and realizing you're looking at her skull. I damn near mauled the nurse who kept shoving insurance forms at me at the hospital before they even started working on her.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009