stool softeners (sorry if TMI!)

Over the weekend I started getting horrible constipation. I'm about 17 weeks pregnant. I was told that taking a stool softener is okay (without a laxitive) but I still don't feel great. I'm only taking 1 a day, the suggested amount is 1-2. Is it safe to take one daily, and if so, what about 2?

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 1:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try some fiber-filled foods or applesauce. granola bars and applesauce work best for me...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• try some REAL mexican food lol. that always gives me the runs :)
    Anonymous

• I used some after I delivered, I think the brand was phillips? Not sure about that, anyway, the directions said that I could take up to 3, so I did. I took 3 of them everyday. It helped a ton! However, I dont know if the stool softeners will help you go, it just makes it easier to come out, lol. There are fiberone bars, that work great! I ate them when I was preggo and they helped me to go.
    JessicaD1108

Answer by JessicaD1108 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009