What is good for ear pain??

Hello i have an ear infection i got some drops to take away the pain it works for a little while then the pain comes back, so i wanted to see if there is anything else i could do for the pain? i dont have any insurance so i cant go to the doctor.. i take pain meds but i dont wan to keep taking them it is off brand tyenol pm and tylenol off brand.. we are ttc and i dont want it to affect ?

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 12, 2012 in Health

• There are some homeopathic ear drops from Similasan that are wonderful. They are fairly inexpensive (about $7 a bottle I think) and they work for several hours.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 1:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• oh wow thank you...
    tandie1977

Comment by tandie1977 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• Barely warm olive oil also helps. I did it for my kids when they had ear infections.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• wow i do have olive oil but do i dilute it with water
    tandie1977

Comment by tandie1977 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• No, you don't dilute it. At least, I don't dilute it lol. Just barely warm it up
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 2:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• I'm the queen of ear problems,but what helps me is a slice of garlic right in the ear. I make sure it's a huge slice of course so I can get it out. I do this for my kids and it helps them when they're screaming in agony. Need to make sure it's fresh! Or if your not thrilled about that you could mince the garlic add it to olive oil let it permeate the oil then strain out garlic and apply a drop or two of warm oil in the ear.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• wow thanks everyone,,, like i said we are ttc and i dont want to keep taking meds,, well i dont know if it will hurt because you can take Tylenol pm when you are prego to
    tandie1977

Comment by tandie1977 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• I agree with the warm olive oil - I warm it in a cup of hot water until it's luke warm - put a drop on the inside of your wrist like you do to test a baby bottle. If the temp is right, you shouldn't feel it at all. Putting cool liquid in your ear can cause it to spasm and cause more pain.
    Then lay with your ouchie ear up (toward the sky) and have dh put 3-5 drops in. Lay there for 5-15minutes then flip over for a couple of minutes and let it drain.
    Adding a couple drops of tea tree oil to your oilve oil dropper bottle is nice too.
    You can get a dropper bottle at most health food stores for just a couple bucks - we get all sorts of use out of our few dropper bottles
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• I get ear infections at least 4 times a year and have always kept a bottle of Similasan on hand to use in between putting antibiotics in my ears; also I have a hot water bottle that I use but use warm water not hot. Also take Vitamin C to help boost the immune system and fight infection; Zinc is also helpful in reducing ear infection; Put few drops of garlic juice into the infected ear. Use blow dryer from about 12 to 15 inches from your head, this will remove any water trapped in the Eustachian tube. Put some olive oil on the warm spoon; put 2 to 3 drops of this in each ear. Put few drops of lobelia extract into the infected ear and rub it gently. Wash your ear using colloidal silver, it is a natural antibiotic. Slightly warm one teaspoon of juice of the mango leaf and put it into the infected ear drop by drop. You could also use some hydrogen peroxide for the ears
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• thank you all so much
    tandie1977

Comment by tandie1977 (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2012