Does anyone know a good explainitory website that describes how to make up a form of agreement to pay someone back?

Long story short, my husband is paying lawyer fees for his brother that had gotten in a car accident. its a big chunk of money and since the lawyer wants the money in one chunk and not payments, his brother is going to make payments to my husband but i need to make up a contract saying this is what he will do and will sign it

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2012 in Money & Work

• We made our own. We lent a close friend some money to buy a used vehicle for their family. Ours went like:

We, [my name] [husband's name] do agree to loan [friend's name] $XXX for the purchase of [vehicle make/model]. [Friend] agrees to pay us back $XXX every month until paid in full.

We all signed it.

I have a copy in our fire box and gave a copy to our friend. As far as I know it doesn't have to be fancy, it just has to be agreed upon by everyone involved.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• Check out legalzoom.com They may have something you can use.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2012

• You might just google 'repayment agreement' and see what comes up. It really doesn't need to be too formal, but have it notarized when everyone signs it.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2012