Backround Check Question

I called my hopeful future employer a little while ago to see how my drug testing went and she said I passed, but they are still waiting on my backround check to get me scheduled with an orientation. The application asked if I had had any felonies in the last 7 years. I put no. I have not had any. I have however, had a misdameaner. Will this affect my job at all since the application didn't ask for it? It's a job at a factory making food.
She told me to call tomorrow to see and the wait is KILLING ME.
Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• If the question asked if you had a felonies in the past 7 years and you answered it honestly then you shouldn't have to worry about it. The questions on background checks are very specific so if it didn't ask about misdemeanors then you should be fine. Your probably just nervous because it's so important to you. Take a deep breath and try not to worry to much. Good luck on the new job : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It shouldn't b/c they asked specifically for felonies. If it's brought up, and it probably will be, just be honest with them and explain the situation. Good Luck!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• happy - yes, I am nervous because this job means the world to me. Without it, who knows what we will do. I'm going to try to relax and just enjoy my day and my kids, because hopefully, but sadly, I'm going to not be seeing so much of them!
    Anonymous

• Depending on what service or database they use, the misdemeanor may show up (some databases are all inclusive). Good luck.
    Anonymous