I Need Some Advice

I am really angry with my SO, and we have not said more than 100 words to each other in the last three days. I want to talk to him about it, but for fear of getting into an argument I have just left it alone. The tough thing about this situation is that it regards his parents. I don't like going to bed mad because you never know if it's your last.

dawnmitchell

Asked by dawnmitchell at 2:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Would it be possible for you to back off, to take the higher road and accept whatever it is that he feels so strongly about? Sometimes it is best to let the other person win, as aggravating as it is. Don't let this drag on. If you possibly can, tell him that you are sorry and that he is right.

Answer by Bmat at 2:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• get it out right away...the longer you don't talk about it the worse it gets...
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I agree with faithsMoM27 If you don't talk about it now and get it resolved it's gonna get worse then you will both eventually say things that you don't mean. My husband and i had to learn that pretty fast because we were getting to the point where we almost got a divorce and we havent even been married a year yet. Just be calm when you talk about whatever is bothering you and always listen to eachother.
    Anonymous

• id take the risk and talk to him about it maybe you both need to get it out and out it all on the table...
    JBGmom

Answer by JBGmom at 3:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would discuss ASAP - but what I always try to remember with my husband is that before, during and after the argument he is always my partner and I love him.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 6:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ooooh, that's always really tough for me to talk to my husband about his family!
    You really don't want him to get defensive, so you need to be sure to approach it gently. Be sure to let him know that it's hard for you to talk to him about this, as that will help get you some support from him from the beginning. Lay it out plainly and clearly without a lot of emotion. Don't do any name calling obviously and just keep in mind that these are his parents.
    If you let it simmer for too long though, you are just going to get even more angry.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009