my 1 week old girl has white looking yeast down there is that normal?

I don't know if this is normal my Lil girl has white yeast on the side of her lips in the inside of her vagina help really concerned.

Happy2bemom969

Asked by Happy2bemom969 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't be concerned. Its perfectly normal. And don't try to wipe it all away. You won't be able to. Just clean as you normally would, and it'll go away on its own in a few weeks! :) Congrats!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 2:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• She still is only a week old and may still be having some "stuff" come out of her lady parts. I vaguley remember Kaylee having something similar.
    I just cleaned it all off (sometimes it was hard to get off...just keep trying) and I don't recall it really ever coming back.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Oh and by the way, if she has a little bit of vaginal bleeding its normal also. Its just your hormones getting out of her system. They say its suppose to happen a few days after birth, but it didn't happen to my little girl until 4 weeks later...They say its like a little period...ha. But it doesn't happen to everyone, I just thought I would give you the heads up in case it does happen!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 2:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• thank y'all sooo much I didn't know if it was normal or not I feel better.
    Happy2bemom969

Answer by Happy2bemom969 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My daughter's pediatrician said it was normal :D I had the exact same concern.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I've read that you are not supposed toclean it all off. Ask you ped how to care for it though. I know it is normal.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My pedi said it is normal also. She will have some discharge and a little blood now and again too. It's because she's feeding off of your womanly hormones. The white is the vernix or whatever that coats their skin in the womb. My dr told me that it eventually turns into skin. My little girl is 3 wks old and still has the white, but just don't worry because it's normal. You can gently wipe away the discharge but whatever you do down there, be VERY careful. The white doesn't really wipe away.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• yes it is... my ittle girl when she was that old... did too... before i had taken her hom after havin her my dac told me that would happen... she did tell me NOT to try and clean it out... that it will clean it self....
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 3:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009