If you ladies have dyed ur hair help me out

I want to know whats a good shampoo I can use to keep my hair looking good. Also whats a good brand to dye my hair by myself

HisMommy4Ever

Asked by HisMommy4Ever at 2:23 AM on Mar. 13, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• i use the suave shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:33 AM on Mar. 13, 2012

• i have used a few different brands, and this time splurged on paul mitchell - it was not as expensive as some salon brands and is working great. i have mine professionally colored - it does not cost as much here as it does other places ($40 for 1 all-over color and a cut and style here) and i have had mishaps with boxed color.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:07 AM on Mar. 13, 2012

• ok I buy my own from the professional beauty supply of vol and color.Also use conditoner afterwards to keep your color lasting longer like Sexy in the light blue bottle. The color is not as damaging from the beauty supply stores. I know someone in the business and for my long blonde hair i only pay $30 which includes tip. I am so lucky to have her . Over 10 years ago i used to pay $50 without tip and so unsatisfied....But if you have to buy from drugstores Feria and L'oreal are good but they never put enough developer in the bottles and some of the lighter colors are so ashy and grey..........Shop around. If you are darker you will have better luck with colors from drugstores..Only use color treated shampoos. It doesn't matter the brand as long as you get the correct color treated shampoo and conditioner.
    geminilove709

Answer by geminilove709 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• I swear by Burt's Bees shampoo and conditioner
    I've used Nice N' Easy for close to 22 years

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• Yeah, I'd look for those designed for color-treated hair.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• Thanks ladies. Well I want to dye my hair...it's not colored yet. My sister did tell me to buy one of the box ones at Walmart of Walgreens but the box has to say PERMANENT. And she did mention Paul Mitchell...thats the one she's using. And she told me about the WEN Shampoo. My hair is dark brown and it looks brown in the sun. I want to make it PITCH BLACK....get me??? so yeah.....
    HisMommy4Ever

Comment by HisMommy4Ever (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• I have always used loreal's box dyes. And yes I've dyed my hair pitch black and blue black alot of times.
    I use John farieda or loreal's shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2012

• Nice and Easy Hair Color.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2012