Doesn't it seem like you gain weight no matter what?

I'm 33 weeks and it seems like I keep gaining weight no matter what! I know it's for the heatlh of my baby and that half of my weight is going directly to her, but it's so disheartening to look at that scale every two weeks! I can no longer eat like a normal person and it seems like my body is addicted to sugar! Would I keep gaining weight even if I slowed down on my eating? It seems like it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No matter what its gonna keep coming. just watch what you eat because if you eat healthy it's easier to take those pounds off after delivery. but if you gain over the amount recommended its going to be a pain in the ass excuse my french. I gained 80 lbs with my first daughter. now 7 months with my boy I have gained 13 ONLY because I learned my lesson the first time with all the sugar and fattening junk...and remember stay active it will make your delivery much quicker believe me!! walk walk walk
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i always felt like i was, but after i hit 155 i stoped looking at the scale when i went to the doctor it just depressed me. if i dont know then i wont feel as bad. lol maybe you should do it. it help me feel better, before i had the baby i probably got all the way up 165 at least. i just weighed myself yesterday and i was at 155 and i had the baby sat. so i dont want to think what i was before he come out. you dont have to much time left. good luck
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 2:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Of course, this is when you start rapidly gaining. I'm almost 26 weeks, and I've already gained about 23 pounds. It's frustrating. I've been craving sugar this time, too. Last time, I couldn't even look at chocolate. When I went in at 17 weeks, I'd already gained 18 or 19 pounds. During my first pregnancy, I only gained 15 in the first 2 trimesters combined. I feel your pain, hon. Strangely, in the last month, I've been eating more and only gained a pound. We all get through it. Keep your head up. I know you know this, but just keep eating when you are hungry and take your vitamins.
    volomom

Answer by volomom at 2:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• YUP! you will keep gaining weight because your babay is growing and the bigger the baby gets the bigger you get... i recoment you eat healty foods fruits veggies dairy etc... and dont worry about the weight you are gaining because its normal... and if you are concerned about what ur body is gonna look like after the baby... take some classes i did water arobics when i was pregnant and it helped ALOT.
    JBGmom

Answer by JBGmom at 3:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009