Does anyone else have a 3 yr old that just refuses to use the potty?

My just turned 3 yr old (in Nov) son just won't use the potty. I have tired every method under the sun and he just won't do it . I am literally wanting to pull my hair out over this! I am at my wits end. Please someone tell me I am not Alone in this??

MeNMy2Kids

Asked by MeNMy2Kids at 2:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I took a class in college on child development and developmentally boys are harder to potty train than girls. It is completely normal for a boy to take between ages 3-5 before they are fully potty trained so dont stress! he will do it when hes ready
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• do a question search-another mom just posted this problem about a half hour go.maybe you can find some answers that way.
    Anonymous

• boys are always the hardest to potty train dont ask me why. I made up a potty song with my son to make it fun. And I would offer him a treat if he showed mommy he was a big boy and could pee in the potty. make itfun and exciting and not so much pressure. it will work eventually
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My son started potty training at 15 months. He's 30 months now and still kicks and screams if we so much as say potty. We take him in every hour to pee anyway. He just doesn't want to do it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• also my aunt said when my cousin was like 3 she tried forcing him to go on the potty and in front of all their friends he dropped his pants, peed on the floor and said "can i have my diaper back now"...obviously she gave it back and about 2 weeks later he starting going on the potty on his own and gave up his diaper like a big boy!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Oh my 7 yr old is a girl...I guess thats why it was so easy!
    -Brandi-

Answer by -Brandi- at 3:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009