My daughter is 3 yrs 9 mo and will not poop on the toilet.

She is potty trained, sleeps the whole night, she knows and says 'you poop on the toylet' but does not. She usually poops in the evening and if I concentrate on her going, she won't. No incentive helps- not even a car (I'm desparate) Help- my daughter needs to poop on the toilet!

Bebo67

Asked by Bebo67 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe she feels uncomfortable about going number 2 on the toilet, maybe it is scary to her have you tried talking to her about i am sure if you put it in terms that she could understand then maybe you will know why she doesn't want to go poop on the toilet and if that doesn't work just give her some more time, more time might just be all that she needs.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well, my question is if she's potty trained where is she pooping? in her underwear? or a pull-up? If shes in pull-ups I'd get rid of them completely and let her acidents happen in her big girl pants- the sensation is unpleasant and she may just rather try to put it in the toilet them it be in her pants.
    would read potty books with her that focus on going poop not just pee on the potty- the elmo video on potty training is great! I also would have her sit on the potty everyday at her regular poop time and try to keep her mind of the actual pooping- try singing songs, reading a book etc. After she does it once she will probably feel very proud of herself and it won't be an issue anymore. good luck
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• MY DAUGHTER IS 4YRS OLD & IS ALMOST FULLY POTTY TRAINNED.SHE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.I JUST TOLD HER FOR EVERYTIME SHE GOES POO IN THE TOLIET SHE GETS A PRIZE.I WENT TO THE DOLLAR STORE AND BOUGHT A FEW THINGS,I PUT 1 ITEM (THUMB TACKED)ON THE WALL.I KEPT REMINDING HER SHE WOPULD RECIVE THE TOY/MARKERS/OR ITEM OF CHOICE,WHEN SHE POO POO IN THE TOLIET.TRY THIS
    LITTLEMOMMY153

Answer by LITTLEMOMMY153 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009