how effective was an OPK when you were ttc?

DH and I used an OPK to help pinpoint ovulation and I am afraid to hope! did an OPK help you?

yummymum_CT

Asked by yummymum_CT at 2:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It didn't help me, but mostly because my periods are irregular so I never knew when to start using them, and I didn't want to waste a bunch of money having to use them for 4 or 5 weeks or longer. Not to mention I could never tell when the test line was actually as dark as it needed to be; I'd think it was, but then my temps wouldn't go up, so I knew I hadn't ovulated. I relied more on charting CM and BBT personally, but if your periods are regular enough then OPK's should work for you, especially if you get the digital ones that tell you a straight yes or no.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i thought i was ovulating in december and took a few OPKs not at the same day and i did skip a day and they all were neg. however i KNOW is ovulating because i got pregnant. I think they work if you use them everyday at the same time but sometimes they will miss it. So i would temp and check cervical mucus too.
    Anonymous

• They never helped me at all. I found temping and charting on fertilityfriend.com to be the best help.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009