can my 10 week old wear adult sunscreen or does she have to have a baby one?

darsey

Asked by darsey at 11:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Health

• if you had to use some i would prolly use the baby kind i had a winter baby soo i wouldnt know about using sun screen on babies.Sorry i couldnt be of more help
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• get a PABA free baby sunscreen. No-Ad makes a great one that is really cheap and waterbabies makes a good roll on one that we use.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• And I would consult a doctor first, as most sunscreen recommend against use on children less than 6 months old.
    Mom1Stepmom1

• Our pediatrician told us to avoid the sun - and to use no sunscreen - until our son was 6 months old. Just use a hat, maybe an umbrella, and keep your child covered while outside until then. After 6 months he recommended Neutrogena. It's hypo-alergenic and the plus is that us parents can use it too. It's nice not to have to carry more than one sunscreen when you're already worrying about packing up all of your other baby gear. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

• Be careful, you shouldn't be putting any lotion on your baby till it's three months old, much less sunscreen. If you can't avoid it I would recommend that you go to Whole Foods market, or your local health food store, and get one that is all natural and made for babies, that way they won't absorb as many chemicals. And just an FYI Target has hats and swim shirts for babies with built in sun protection!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Baby 50 is better....less sting!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• It’s well worth checking out Sunny Sleevez (www.sunnysleevez.com). They are sleeves that can be worn on arms and legs and give your child instant UV protection of 50 SPF. This is brilliant for my little girl as she’s still too young at 5 months to wear suntan lotion. I get paranoid about lotion needing to be reapplied throughout the day and taking time after it being applied for it to work so I’ve found them a godsend especially as they can be washed and reused. They also offer a 100% money back guarantee.
    Hope that helps!!
    vstep

Answer by vstep at 2:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2009