Do you have credit cards?

If you do, how much in debt are you?

I had CC's about 5 years ago and they caused me more trouble than they were worth. I paid them off and cut them up! We no longer use plastic :)

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a credit card for my business and my husband and I also have one to share for household. We only put things on credit cards if we have the money to pay for it at the end of the month. My use the credit card for things like gas and groceries just to get the points.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes we do and our debt is pretty high. I'm thankful we had them because they helped us while my husband was laid off, reason behind the high debt. However, once we get them paid off we intend on getting rid of all but one and only using that one for emergencies!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We each have a few but none have a balance.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 2:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have one I use only for online shopping, and one for local stuff. I pay off the balance each month.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have two we use them all the time and pay them off every month. I have never paid a finance charge or any interest ever. Through my rewards I have 3 free airline tickets I need to use. Credit cards are not a bad thing irresponsible people are the problem.
    Anonymous

• we have two... one just sits there with a zero balance... and the discover we use to pay for everything, and then pay it off at the end of the month. i love discover rewards!!!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We have 5-6 CC's and they have been no good for us! We have them maxed out. I am not blaming the cc's, we accrued the debt and they were our choices and we made one bad choice after another, and now we are in over our heads! As soon as they are paid off we will NEVER use credit again, unless it is to get a home! THAT IS IT!
    Anonymous

• We have a couple of CC. Our current CC debt is about $290.00, which will be paid off this month. We don't carry a balance on any of our cards, we pay all CC totals off every month.
    Anonymous

• we have credit cards. Well i do. i think 3 total balance is around 7000. fiancee had them but screwed up so now is in debt counseling his total debt is around 30,000 that does include our car payment
    Anonymous

• I have one credit card with a very low limit (thanks to an ex who trashed my credit). My DH has two with higher limits. He tries to pay off the balances on his within 2 to 4 months.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009