German Shepard Pup that is nervous

I have a 9 month old purebred white German Shepherd. She was the runt of the litter, but very aggressive with the boys. She didn't get picked up. Anyways, ever since we brought her home she shys away from people. It was getting pretty bad so now I bought a nose lead for when we walk her. It works great! Can anyone tell me if she will grow out of this stage.

helpforme

Asked by helpforme at 2:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pets

• no you will have to train her to stop being that way and you need to lead her there by being a pack leader. she may get worse and even start to bite strangers or other dogs. i watch the dog whisperer on natgeotv.com will show you his show times but if you don't have digital cable you can watch it's mr or the dog on animal planet. also DW is better i think for your type of dog. good luck. my sil has new born GS and the poor runt is like half dead. the others are so fat and healthy. i hope she makes it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you need to get her to trust you and then train her. once she trusts you, she'll trust you when you want her to be good to other people
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have two German Shepards. my black and tan is very friendly. My pure black one is very Shy. She is very protective and can get aggresive but she is shy for the most part. She is 7 years old and has never outgrown it. It is just her personality - like people, everyone is born with a different one. I will tell you though, I love her so much and she is a very very good dog.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 9:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009