My 3 year old son drinks SO much water, at least 8 cups a day, if not more. I had him check for diabetes and he's fine. I can't decide if its normal because we only drink water in our home or if its more than that. Any help would be great! Thanks!

JesiRae

Asked by JesiRae at 2:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• you can give him juices now and again that are 100% to provide vitamins that he may not be getting enough of. I'm not suggesting hi-ci's.. but welches 100% is still healthy, and can be better than water, because it provides things like vitamins, calcium, potasium.. pending on the type of juice.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We've tried to give him juice, even soda. He take a sip or two, then ask for water.
    JesiRae

Answer by JesiRae at 3:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Diabetes comes to my mind first too, but do you notice higher intake of water when hes had a high sodium intake ?, his body could be trying to "dilute" the salt.
    Nik317

Answer by Nik317 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• water is good for them my 3 year old always wants it too so just give it to him is he a bit bigger they sometime are more thirsty if they are a little fatter my son is stalky i dont know but maybe just thirsty or is it dry in his room maybe u need a air thing in there
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2009