did you guys here this one?? it is about the shoe thrower..

GENEVA - A Swiss lawyer working on behalf of the Iraqi journalist who threw shoes at U.S. President George W. Bush said Monday that his client will seek political asylum in Switzerland.

Geneva-based lawyer Mauro Poggia said Muntadhar al-Zeidi's life is in danger in Iraq.

Al-Zeidi is currently in an Iraqi jail awaiting trial on charges of assaulting a foreign leader for his Dec. 14 outburst at a news conference in Baghdad.

i will also post the link here if i can.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28730370?GT1=43001

tell me if it works or not since i have never posted a link to a story before.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 2:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Remind me to never vacation in the new Islamic country of Switzerland.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Rats! I was hoping the Iraqis would hold a parade in his honor.
    Anonymous

i knew some one was going to say something like this did the link even work?
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• No, we just have to copy and paste. I saw your ? but I'll be back to answer your original post after I read the link:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• With all due respect, which IMO isn't much, perhaps he will learn to keep his shoes to himself. I don't think that he should be beaten but what he did was inexcusable, as in his culture it is one of the highest forms of disrespect. He should have thought of the consequences before performing such a disgraceful act.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• And this is why I am happy to be an American. Not that it would be much better for him here. I suppose if you did that to Obama in the states that you would have death threats against you by the basket full. I don't think he should get asylum.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• So, it seems Switzerland is going to be the official home of all "refugees?!" They want to send Gitmo detainees there, the shoe thrower guy, and who knows who else?!

Darn! And here I thought Switzerland would be OUR last bastion of civility should the sh*t hit the fan here! Guess Australia now tops the list! LOL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Of course they want to go to Switzerland. Where else do you think they keep their money?
    Anonymous

• i support the shoe thrower, in America he would be freed by the ACLU by now, he was standing up for the orphans that became orphans from bush's unjust war... he is a hero in their eyes. when has bush ever stood up for the underdog (implied answer ~ never!!!) the shoe thrower has balls and did it because BUSH IS A MONSTER that created terrorism.... through his tyranny.... free the shoe thrower!!! he didn't even hit him,,, who knew bush had any skill but is guess he is good at something, dodge ball... too bad that is the only thing he seems to be good at.... oh yeah he was good at ruining the economy, school systems, foreign relations and national debt....

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I thought he was a hero over there. Last I read they are throwing parties for him and he's getting preferential treatment. Not saying I agree with what he did, but lots of people over there do
    Anonymous