What was your favorite part of the parade????

My favorite was when the Obama's got out and walked. They are definetly the "PEOPLES" President.

I have to admit I love the Gay and Lesbian band the front guy cracked me up.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 2:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The end of it
    Anonymous

• I didn't waste my time.
    Anonymous

• the parade was a little boring to me i couldnt wait til the end
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Didn't watch it. But that is usually the highlight of every Pres. Parade. When they get out and walk. He is no different. Just another President, getting out and walking after being sworn in.
    Anonymous

• Al Roker! That was the only thing all day that made me tear up - Al Roker has been out there for every inaug parade since Clinton, standing on the side of the road when they walk by, trying to get his (whoever "his" is that year) attention. Finally, this year, he yelled and waved loud enough, Obama pointed right at him, recognized him, and yelled, "it's warm!" Roker about had a breakdown he was so excited, and kept repeating over and over "it's warm!" Brokaw declared it Obama's first official press statement as president. Shame Brokaw spent the rest of the day being a jerk.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Found it on YT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1wX8VgecS8&feature=related
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• did the "Trail Maids" get to be in the parade? (The women dressed in antebellum dresses)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I dunno pagan_mama, I didn't watch it. I only tivo'd the speech and hubby and I watched it last night. I do agree with above post, tho. There isn't much special about the parade. They all pretty much do the same thing. sit in the car and then get out at a moment of opportunity and walk. Nothing earth shattering occurs.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Did not watch.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• anyone who doesn't have anything significan to participate in the post shouldn't reply. if you don't care, don't answer, simple!

i always like the flaggers and the marine corps band! it's spectacular to see the nice formation and proud faces :D
    iheartsquishies

Answer by iheartsquishies at 3:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009