this is a different question.....

okay i just had my son... alittle over a week ago, but im still hurting when i use the restroom.... how long does that last??? i heard it only hurts or should for about another week or so... is that true?

enjen

Asked by enjen at 11:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends how your hurting:
    If it hurts to urinate drink plenty of water and cranberry juice daily to fluch your bladder
    If it hurts because of incesions soak in a warm tub of epson salt this will help the healing process
    If it hurts because of hemroids, prep h works great along with a wark tub soak
    If it hurts just overall from birth, it depends on each person. If it continues to much longer, it is always best to see your doc just to make sure what the pain is caused from.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I hurt, vaginally, for a couple of weeks. I hurt, pooping, for well over a month personally.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• the burning when you urinate is ammonia in an open wound. Were you supplied with a pop top bottle to keep it clean? Use it if you were. If you weren't you can actually get a cheap water bottle that will do the same thing. Witch hazel pads will help too. It can last for as long as you are healing, but keeping it clean will promote healing.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Hopefully...mine hurt for a long time with all 3 of my kids :( I feel your pain.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• yeah its more like the open wound one lol!!!!! but i wasn't sure about it.... all new to me!
    enjen

Answer by enjen at 6:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I had a vaginal delivery, and everything hurt. Because I tore, it stung everytime I peed, it hurt to poop, apparently your butt gets bruised, so it hurts the first few times, and I just hurt to stand up and sit down, i didn't want to get off the couch. The pain goes away within two weeks..I still feel a little pressure/pain and my daughters 7 weeks old. If the doc gave you a prescription for pain meds and you're out but don't want a refill, pop a couple of tylenols, I found that that helped take away the pain where the pain meds just made me numb.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Use your peri bottle for urinating and cool ice packs in towels for soreness. Each woman has had a different delivery and her body will react differently. The good thing is your a week in and most likely half way to recovery...congradulations on your angel!!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2008