Is It Ok to give juice everyday?

my son's 7 months old, and he loves his apple mango juice. It's all natural no sugar added...it's organic too! He loves to drink it out of his sippy cup. It's it bad to give this juice after his afternoon nap everyday? Should I limit the amount I give him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4oz per day and dilute it with water to cut down on the sugar. It's okay, but they don't need it. But...nothing wrong with giving it..
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My doc always said that they do not need juice that young, but if you were going to do it then they only need about 4 oz. a day. This is just what I have been told!
    Anonymous

• Empty calories. Drink water, eat calories.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 3:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my son is 2 months old and he gets juice everyday but he has to have it for constipation i dont see what it will hurt for ur son to have it everday
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would limit the amount and dillute it by at least 50 % water
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I personally wouldn't give my son juice until after he is well over a year old and only every now and then....but if you are going to....I'd at least dilute it with 1/2 water like the pp said. Even juices with no sugar added have very high amounts of sugar and that's not good for them or their teeth. I would get him out of the habit now while he is still young. Maybe try flavored water with no calories, he might like it better. I read about this in a mag once but can't remember the kind they recommend.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• its OK but not recommended if ur gonna do it then make sure its good not sugary and like juicy juice or welches and do 2 ounces juice and 2 ounces water mix them dilute it
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2009