Snack suggestions for a 7 month old.

I'd like to give my son a snack everyday after his nap in the afternoon. Other then juice in a sippy cup, what would you suggest for a healthy snack each day. I do have the baby mum mum rice rusks, he enjoys those, but they're not exactly healthy enough to give one everyday. I have been giving him baby food since 6 months, he still hasn't moved on to stage 2 thicker food's because I'm still testing ingredients that are in the stage 1 foods making sure he doesn't have allergies etc. I'm almost done I guess, there's not that much to choose from in stage 1. He seems to gag a bit while eating the rice cookies, I think he finds it weird to feel chunks in his throat..so chewing isn't much of an option..any idea's what I can give him that's healthy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• u can buy special things for ur child to chew on like netting and u put the food in it that they may choke on like apples and they chew on it and it wont come out of the netting till its small enough to so no choking and u can give more choices
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well I give mine those fruit and veggie graduates puffs for a snack but she is on the 3rd stage foods...so your little one might choke on those if he does so on the rice cookies. You could try...they dissolve like the cookies.
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• a sliced banana
    cheerios
    a piece of bread
    I know we used to do a lot more but I just cant think of them. We had to give our youngest a snack since about 6 months old when she started insisting that if her brothers were eating than she had to also.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 3:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• puffs (if they seem like they are hard to chew try wetting them a little so they are mushy), cherrios, bananas, teething bisquits, avacado slices.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ooooh ya, i remember seeing those! Great Idea, I'll be getting one asap.
    Anonymous