Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


im goin to the doctors tomorrow.. its my last appt. i just had an ultrasound and the babies really big. the doctor called me yesterday and said "we will wait until thursday to explore your options about c sections/vaginal delivery..." does this mean im going to have a c section?! what is she going to say!! i cant wait

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • i was told my baby was to big but he went ahead and induced me for 28 hrs then i ended up with a c section it all depends on u how small u r my baby was 10.5 and was right against the birth canal but to big to drop into it

    Answer by mom-to-be21 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • It just depends....I would only offer that unless he gives a sound medical reason for a c-section, I wouldn't jump to it.

    My kids were "big". They thought my oldest was going to be 9lbs 9oz and he was only 8lbs ultrasounds can be off.

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • My friend and I were pregnant at the same time and throughout her entire third trimester they kept telling her how huge her baby was going to be. The doctor discussed induction and c-section, but she decided to wait and see what happened naturally. She went into labor a few days after her due date and delivered a 7 lb 13 oz baby girl, only one ounce larger than my baby who was two weeks early. Ultrasounds can be wrong. The size of your tummy is not always an idicator of baby size either. She was enormous (and vrey petite before pregnancy). I would recommend going into labor naturally, and it the baby is in fact too big to be delivered vaginally, then the call for a c-section can be made at that time.

    Answer by Danielle720 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • Ultrasounds can be off by 2lbs. Trust your body! Recovering from a surgery is going to be much more difficult then having a 9lb baby!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • I would definitely let your body go into labor naturally and deliver vaginally if you can.

    If something happens and you can't deliver vaginally then do the c-section but you don't want to do one if you don't have to.

    I had to have one with my daughter (her cord was wrapped around her.) and the recovery in hospital and out was pretty brutal.

    Answer by madamekatekate at 4:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

  • I have had one child vaginally and 2 children c-section. granted i felt closer to the child i delivered vaginally, not everyone has a slow recovery from a c-section. it is all about your body. my second son (first c-section) was 9 lbs and 1 oz. he was not coming out naturally so they performed a c-section. i was up walking around 2 days later and washing my car and cleaning in 9 days. with my second c-section, only 11 months later, i was moving furniture after 5 days. it just all depends on your body.

    Answer by ttcgirl110 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.