UPDATE ON MY FINAL INTERVIEW, I am so angry, I haven't even been able to speak about it.

I will try to make a long story short the dean of the community college called me over 2 months ago to ASK me to apply for a job,, and then when the move to a new location if everything worked out he would like me to then apply for the director of ths school.
I have had 2 people get a job there on my rec. One, a very dear friend of mine who, I have helped get numerous postitions.. SHE has sit on every panel that I have interviewed in front of,, but yesterday, it was between me and someone else,, now mind you,, up until YESTERDAY,, I thought she was on my side.
She started off the interview by saying how flaky and inconsitstent she felt the prior company I worked for was, and they did not get products 9 out of 10 times they ordered them(untrue) she said she was worried that I might be depressed and looking for a way out of my current job,, "to ride her coat-tails."I was honestly floored, and if Ihad not wanted the current job so badly,, I probably would have slammed my hands down on the table and gave her what for.. I nicely said that if there was any problem,, she should have made me aware of it at the time,, and for 22 years I have been at the school on a weekly basis,, and this was the first time I have ever heard of such problems.
I think she caught wind somehow they were looking to hire me as director,, but REALLY who does that?
I guess it is more than likely not going to happen,, I am at a loss as what to do,, it ended very well, but she brought up negative things at least 20 times,, I am waiting to give her hell until I find out,, lol
THEY did contact my references today,, several people called and said they asked alot of questions, and they all gave good feedback, what to do now?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 7:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2012 in Money & Work

• That was beyond unprofessional and I cannot help but think she harmed herself MUCH more than she harmed you.

I think the fact that they are contacting your references is an extremely good sign. Why bother if they had no intention of hiring you? You've got this.

To answer your question, do nothing. Your professionalism shone through in your answers to her absurdity
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• I guess just wait & see what happens. And, rip "your friend" a new one if you don't get hired.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• Yea them contacting your references is gooooood!!!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• Just sit tight - without giving specifics, I am waiting, waiting, waiting.

For your so-called "friend" - that was a sh**ty thing to do.

I thought about you on my way in to work today - all of the CM'ers are pulling for you! The fact that references were checked means you are a strong candidate.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• If they called your references, then they care. If she had been in one of our interviews and done that her, she would have gotten hammered after you left. If she had serious concerns about hiring them, she missed her opportunity to point them out to the others and stop the interview process.

If you can pull it off, without ripping her a new one, I would call her up and ask her why she hadn't told you that she couldn't support you for that position. You know, being your friend and all. And ask if there is anything to make the correct the situation. Do not do it, though, if you can't hide your true feelings.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 8:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• Did you send thank you notes to everyone you interviewed with?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• I really could barely tell my husband about what she did,, he has been a godsend to their family,, made them free orthotics, and hooked them up with a doctor who would take care of her husband for co-pays only, he is disabled and a diabetic, and we both know she is the sole provider for her home,, I am the person who wrote letters of rec. to every board member who sits on the school counsel,, I had also helped her get at least 3 other jobs in the past,, more than not even getting the job,, I just can't believe she was so RUDE!!!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• Here is the thing,, for now SHE will be my boss,,so what do you do with that? I really want to punch her in the nose,, sorry girls my husband is in the hospital,, and if anything today showed me how much I need to get back on track and get a "real" job again,, I just want to cry.
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• I was planning on it tomorrow,, this has been a 4-step process with a "hurry up and wait" attitude the first one, there were so many people involved I didn't even get their name, the next 2 came in a 3-day call back, so really this is the first time I have had a chance to send them out,, but trust me,, I am sending them out in the morning,,but I am not sure if it will do any good or not.
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2012

• She will be your boss - is she power tripping?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2012