Question for 100% Pro-Life, Vaccinating Moms

How do you feel about some vaccines been cultured on aborted fetal tissue (human diploid cells)?

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf

Autumn22

Asked by Autumn22 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Why would you want to create another reason for others to fight your anti abortion stance? Just because, "good " can come out of, "bad" doesn't make the, "bad" any better. It also makes it more difficult to convince others that abortion should be illegal.

FYI: I am pro choice and do not vaccinate.

Butterflybabies

Answer by Butterflybabies at 4:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It's gross. I don't vax but I am pro life.
    Anonymous

• It is my understanding that it used one fetus from I believe the 1970s. I don't agree with abortion period and I'm sure without it they would have found a way to create something similar (miscarried fetus or something) so lets not start the drama and bs.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm not looking to start drama. I'm just really wondering how you would rationalize using vaccines if you're 100% prolife. They still use the fetal tissue, but I believe it's cloned now. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• wow, cloned aborted baby. yummy.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• While you're at it, why don't you ask how 100% prolifers can still be for the death penalty?
    Anonymous

• I think I know how they could be. An innocent baby is much different than a serial rapists/murderer. Then again, that person could be actually innocent!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• For DEATH penalty...not 100% pro life. Supporting death.

Pro life is NOT the same as anti-abortion.

There is a difference.
    Anonymous

• And that's why I'm asking 100% ProLife Moms...
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• From what I understand, the fetus that was used was NOT aborted for this purpose. There were problems that would prevent it's living to term and the body was, in essence, donated to science.  Aborting a fetus so the tissues can be used is wrong and is already illegal.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009