low lying placenta?

so at my ultrasound they said i have low lying placenta but it not covering cervix what does that mean? is it really bad?

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would google that one! I've never heard of it!
    Anonymous

• If it's not covering the cervix it's not bad. It just means that right now it's a little lower on the uterus than they like to see it. It should move up as the pregnancy progresses. They may have you in for more u/s to make sure. If it were covering the cervix it could cause some spotting, and if it didn't move it would mean a csection. Since it's not it shouldn't cause you any problems.

You can read more about it here: http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/455.html

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• desert_diva - ditto! my answer was going to be the same as yours. lol
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 4:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009