Why should God let you in Heaven?

This was asked at our Ladies Bible study last night. The leader went all over the church building yesterday asking this question, and not one person gave the same answer. Makes you think.

motivesmom

Asked by motivesmom at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Found this on allaboutgod.com and thought what a perfect answer.                 When we stand before God one day, He will not ask us whether we are Catholic, Baptist, Presbyterian, Lutheran or Methodist. He will only ask us why He should allow us into His kingdom. How will you respond to that question? Will you tell Him what denomination you belonged to or that you attended church every Sunday? Will you try and tell Him you were a "good and moral person" who did works of charity? The biblical truth is that God doesn't consider any of these responses to be worthy of admission into heaven. Our prayer is that we'll all be able to respond to Him with an answer that He will honor: "I have confessed Christ before man and You Lord, and it is by grace alone that I come into your heaven."
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 3:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Because I am a good moral person. so cause I'm curious.. what answer were given at your study??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• This is what was curious. According to the Christian Faith all you have to do is accept Jesus. But of our class only 2 people said that. And out of 30 or more she asked the question of in the church building that day not one said that. This is just a hummm let me think about it question.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 12:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Ah, motivesmom, I know we see things differently here, but I believe you've got it backwards!
    The Kingdom of Heaven is within - we have to let God into our us to see Heaven now...waiting for death is too late. We decide whether our existence here is going to be Heaven or Hell.

"The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within [or among] you." Luke 17:20-21
    Food for thought, as always....namaste
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Very curious. But I am a non-believer now anyway so it doesn't matter. But yeah I know it does say that so very hmmm how they would not come up with that. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I come not depending upon who I am and what I did, but what Jesus did for me and who He is...
    The One who--with His Blood--reconciled me to you without fear or shame; and because I received His redemption by faith as an act of grace in my earthly life, you sent Your Spirit as a companion to help prepare me for this day.

Between you and me God and stands only the finished work of Jesus Christ, and it is gloriously enough!

And His arms open, and I run...finally home!
    Readywriter

Answer by Readywriter at 12:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• As a muslim I am not allowed to say who would enter heaven wheather thay are "a really religios muslim" or even a christian or a atheist or whatever. We have a haddith ( sayings of the prophet)that says that THere once was a very religios person his whole life and then did one things and god through him into hell and then there was a evil person and they did one thing and god sent him to heaven. As a muslim I believe that it isnt easy to get to heaven this keeps me trying harder everyday. All I can do is believe and pray that god with give me mercy and forgive me me faults cause in the end it is only up to him
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 1:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I believe your heaven is what you make it on earth.
    BonnaVore

Answer by BonnaVore at 1:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• He shouldn't.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 3:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• God shouldn't let any of us in to heaven. That's the point. God is a gracious and merciful God. He forgives us and loves us even though none of us deserve it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2008