What to eat that is going to stay in my tummy?

is any mom out there can tell me what kind of food or dish i can eat that is going to stay in my tummy because my morning sickness is really bad. everything i ate ending cuming back out so please some one help find some great and tasty food out there for me

ms.chapon

Asked by ms.chapon at 3:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hi, there are several foods that take longer to digest than others, some are potatos, beans, cheese and most vegetables, but I'm not so sure you'd want to eat that stuff if your just going to be sick anyways. I've had three kids, two of which I was sick the entire time, if your puking up that yellow stuff from way down deep in your tummy the best thing I can recommend is drinking lots of water, it helps dilute it and there are no "chunks" it deal with, then eat after your morning sickness is over for the day.
    Nik317

Answer by Nik317 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Try B6 vitamins, Powerade it has B vitamins, small frequent meals, take prenatals at bed time. I had to have fluids separate from my meals. Don't eat too much. Protein is also supposed to help. Try instant breakfasts. Good luck.
    BriNiMom

Answer by BriNiMom at 4:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• As someone who spent the entire 9 months of two pregnancies with round the clock morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum, to be exact), I can tell you, saltines are a myth! Not only do they do nothing to help, they burn like battery acid on the way back.
    Try something mild and easy to digest like cream of wheat, mac & cheese (preferably out of a box, because homemade has a lot of fat which can cause more nausea), etc.
    The trick is to stay hydrated and never let your stomach get completely empty. Eat something small, even if it's just 1/2 a banana, every couple hours.
    Another thing that helps is to keep a baggie of lemon peels with you. When you start feeling like you might throw up, put your nose right in it and breathe as deeply as you can manage, nice and slow. It sounds crazy, but it helps.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Another odd thing that helped me was grape juice and lemonaide mixed...about 3:1 with more grape juice. Ginger ale, in small, frequent sips, but only if it's a real ginger ale, like Reed's.
    Watermelon, if you can find some, applesauce, light broth or consomme.
    Avoid anything that will be difficult on the return trip, like rice, since let's face it...sometimes there's nothing more to do besides just throw up.
    And remember, even when you can't eat anything, it's very important to keep yourself hydrated as much as possible-- dehydration leads to more vomiting, which leads to further dehydration, and the next thing you know you're stuck in a cyclical vomiting phase which is difficult to stop without a trip to the hospital.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 6:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The only thing I could keep down when I was pregnant were bananas.
    mysticwv

Answer by mysticwv at 7:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The Only Thing For Me Was Mashed Potatoes And Now Marias Gamesa Cookies, They Have A Little Lemon In Them And I Think that Helps
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 12:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I ate green apples in the morning. They really helped me and an older lady told me too because they had worked for her.
    wilcoxamanda

Answer by wilcoxamanda at 10:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009