I want more songs...and I want them on something other than my teenagers old hand-me-down MP3 Player that only holds 30 songs. Help a Mom decide what to rock out on...LOL

I have an old MP3 player. It's a hand-me-down from my teenagers. Don't laugh...if you don't get your kids hand-me-downs yet...you will...LOL
I've been looking at the Apple IPOD and the Microsoft ZUNE. They are both comparable in price. If you have either one of these brands...what do you or don't you like about yours? Or if you have any other suggestions...
Thanks : )

happy2bme7

Asked by happy2bme7 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Entertainment

• I have lately been listening to Creature Feature (aim for the head is hilarious). My kid brother introduced me to them lol. As for an MP3 player, sorry no suggestions...I don't have one :/
    Anonymous

• I have a Zen 1GB MP3 player and I love it. Have had it for about 2 yrs. Just now thinking of getting something bigger and giving my daughter mine. Anyway mine held about 250 songs and right now I have 25 pictures on it I think. My friend had the apple itouch and she is trying to talk me into one but I don't have $300. for it. If money is of no concern go with the Apple ITouch. JMO
    2chillins4me

Answer by 2chillins4me at 4:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My son just got the IPod shuffle which is teeny tiny, but it holds alot of songs for only $50. I personally don't have one, but my friends have Zune and seem to like theirs a lot.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have a 120 gig ipod. Ihave over 4,000 songs and it's not even half full yet! I love the ipod but I do here good things about the ZEN..but using the itunes to manage my songs is easier for me. and you don't have to buy songs from itunes to play them on your ipod. I have limewire and I downloaded alot of songs.

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• lately I've been listening to :

M.I.A, N.E.R.D,Adam Ant,

Chromeo,song>tenderoni,fancyfootwork,bonafied lovin

santogold(song>les artises creator),

vampire weekend(song>cape cod kwassa kwassa)

madcon-song>beggin (adidas commercial song)

it's a mix but greast songs and artists

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Mp3 player- Creative Zen. My friend has one and dear god that thing survives almost ANYTHING.

Music: I'm into alot of symphonic metal.... Nightwish and Sonata Arctica are about the only thing I seem to play anymore. >.
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 4:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• oh speaking of surviving! I bought my DH a nano ipod (4gig) and he took it ot iraq and brought it back in one piece, AND my daughter, kenna, he let her play with it (she's almost 2!) and she threw it in the toilet!!! and we thought for sure it was broken!! a month later he wanted to see if it worked and guess what! EVERTHING WORKED!! crazy huh! it was completely submerged in water!

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• AT THE APPLE STORE ONLINE you can get refurbished ones guarnteed to work, they are just as good way way cheaper than the regualar ones, i have a nano and love it, use it in the car, use it to work out i cant seem to fill it up, i highly recommend gettng a read ipod, the software is so easy to use... the only way to break them is to put a strong magnet on them... get the real thing....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2009