Well that's a glitch haha

Has anyone noticed that if someone really REALLY wanted to be on the "Top Answerers" board all they'd have to do is ask a bunch of questions anonymously, then answer the question with their own personal account and select their own answer as the best?

Just realized that a second ago. And no I'm not going to do that, just thought it was interesting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I wondered about that...but I really don't care to be the crowned know-it-all, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• You are anonymous too. I wonder why.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I was curious about that...I do a heck of alot more answers than I do questions.
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 6:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• How sad is that if someone is doing that. That's awful to have so little self assurance that one would ask anonymous questions, answer them, then vote themselves "queen know it all"...being top dog on a website should not define someone.....and its sad if it does.
    ajjc775

Answer by ajjc775 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I've noticed that too and you don't even have to ask anonymously. Just look in religion & beliefs and you'll see that many times someone asks a "question" and they post more answers than anyone else. Chances are they also pick themselves as best.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Or you and your friends could ask a lot of questions and make each other the "best anwser".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• almost as bad as plaigerising (stealing) answers from other sites Best Answer sections or cutting and pasting encyclopedia data without citing the source and passing them on as their own to guarantee getting Best Answers Top Dog slot instead of simply and honestly answering a question. Good thing there isn't some major prize for being Top Dog or we'd have an ethical issue here huh?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Ya know I hardly answer questions here anymore because things were getting a little too serious! seriously? I don't need that kind of stress! ...It is not like We are getting paid or even a prize! I like to help people...but I can do that in the journals and in the groups. If someone wants to cheat to get to the top of the answers list...they seriously need to get a life! Really!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• That's really sad. Wow.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 12:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• "You are anonymous too. I wonder why."

No reason, just didn't feel like associating my name with the question. It's not so that I can do the thing I mentioned, I'm not like that :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2008