Could i be having to many BH or could they be real contractions?

For bout a week now my stomach gets tight atleast a few times a day. My stomach just now got really tight and i started to get pain all over my stomach. What do you think it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's hard to say from the little you gave. If you're concerned then time them. If the timing is erratic then it's BH. If it is constant but doesn't get closer then it might be prodromal labor (false labor...this can last a while). If they get closer together then it might be labor.

You'll know when it's labor. There will be NO doubt in your mind. Trust me.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 4:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• How far along are you?
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 4:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• only 24weeks
    Anonymous

• If they are really painful. I say go get seen. If they are just uncomfortable, time them and then decied if you should go. Even if they are coming as far apart as every 15 mins, I would go if there is any kind of pattern.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 4:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Believe me when I say you will know the difference between BH and regular contractions.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 5:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• its braxton hicks mostliely i have them daily since about 23 weeks my dr said as long as you dont have 6 in an hour then you are ok i so far have only had about 3 -4 an hour but that is on bad days lol im 26 weeks now
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009