spayed and declawed.. will she become mean?

my kitty is gettin spayed and declawd. will her attitude chage at all? i got her when she was 3 wks old so every where in the house i go she goes its sooo cute. she even goes to bed with my hub and i and gets under the covers and i dont want that to stop.. lol any advice will help thx

pinkanfgrl

Asked by pinkanfgrl at 4:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pets

• People crack me up. It's no worse than deciding whether or not to circumcise your sons... Yes, there may be risk to infection, but your vet is well-qualified and knowledgeable in the area, as declawing is a more common procedure. But jeez... inhumane? Only if you plan on locking the cat in a kennel with cat-eating dogs... it doesn't seem to bother Jasper at all, he doesn't tiptoe around in pain, and i have never heard of a cats claws growing back in...

if you want it done, trust your vet, and trust that your pet will stay happy and healthy.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my cat has been spayed and declawed she still is the most lovable thing
    mona4k

Answer by mona4k at 4:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Spaying and declawing won't change her sweet personality. It helps if you have a good veterinarian- someone who handles the animals gently.

Answer by Bmat at 4:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Same with my baby :) In fact, she had never really slept in my bed with me until after her surgery. When we brought her back home with us she laid right next to me all night long...it was so cute and sweet...the only issue was I was afraid to roll over or move her because of the incision.

My little girl likes to get rowdy sometimes so she wraps her paws around my arms and bites...but it's all for play. She never did that before the claws were removed.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my cat is the same as before she was declawed and spayed and i couldn't be without her.she is the sweetest thing she gives kisses and always cuddles up.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 4:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Declawing is very inhumane. Please do some research before you mutilate your pet.
    Anonymous

• http://www.declawing.com/

http://cats.about.com/cs/declawing/a/declawing.htm

I agree ^^
    Anonymous

• How can you declaw a cat?? sickens me! Its not just cutting thier finger nails off...its taking everything from the JOINT. just like if you cute off to your first knuckle. It throws their balance off, they can't stretch as good. as much as 50% of declawed cats STOP using thier litter becuase it burns!! How horrible. PLEASE research and talk to your local humane society before hurting your poor innocent little kitty.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my parent's cat actually is more playful and catches more mice now that he's neutered and declawed. it's a matter of personal preference, no different than owning a dog whose breed gets their tails bobbed, or dewclaws removed. Jasper, the cat i mentioned above used to hide behind the entryway to the kitchen and jump out and grab ahold of legs and bite. He wasn't being mean, that's how he played, and my younger sisters were getting scratched. One scratch resulting in stitches meant that Jasper was being declawed. Now, we all LIKE to play with Jasper!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• con't

In my opinion, it's been my experience too, female cats get more and more grumpy the older they get, but that goes for females spayed or not. But spaying will not change her attitude.

and if the other people answering think that declawing a cat is mutilating it, they can also include spay/neuter, ear cropping, tail docking, dewclaw removal, toenail trimming, etc. There are safe, and legitimate reasons for doing such, and it is completely ok.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009