Baby shower invites.

What do you think about getting an invitation and after reading it you see at the bottom "Please remember to get a gift receipt should an exchange be necessary"?

I received one today like this and it through be back.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh my. This is tacky. It's as though they thought the guests didn't have common sense. And it is as good as saying you are expected to bring a gift but there is a good chance that we won't be keeping it.

Duplicates can be regifted or exchanged in some stores without receipts.

Answer by Bmat at 4:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think its normal o.O A lot people tend to buy the same gifts at baby showers. Or you get too many of one thing, and not enough of the other, ya know?
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• What if after the baby is born they are a large baby. Or they get double of the same gift. I really don't think it was ment to be rude.
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 4:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• That is so tacky!!! You can exchange gifts without a receipt.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sorry my "be" should be "me" in last sentence.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Tacky Tacky tacky. Gifts can be returned with out a receipt. Plus i usually get one anyways, but it just rude to specifically ask for one.
    Anonymous

• im sure the mom didnt mean it the way it sounds..alot of people dont look at registry's and just buy so mom just wants to make sure that she has enough of one thing or can return if she gets 2 high chairs..ya know what i mean?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009