In pain... help?

Ill be 36 weeks on saturday and im in pain DoWn ThErE :(
At times it hurts really bad and at times it dosent.
Especially when i try to walk.
Does it hurt because im dilating or something?
I just fond out yesterday im 1 centimeter.
But even before yesterday it was hurting but its starting to hurt more.
Why is this???
Oh yeah and my belly has been getting hard at times but no contractions so i know im not going into labor.......

Araceli361

Asked by Araceli361 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When your belly gets hard (the whole belly) that is a contraction. Call your doctor about any pain, and be specific with him/her. They may want to check you or send you for a test. My doctor was the greatest, he would tell me to call about ANYTHING and always called me back within a few minutes. Significant or not, he always made me feel better. No question is dumb when it comes to your pregnancy.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would call and talk to your obgyn just in case....But i remember this lol it literally felt like my daughter was punching or pushing on me down there.. like forcing her way out, and so not comfortable. As for the hardening of your belly, i started feeling that at 18 weeks (im pretty slender) and my doctor said they were braxton hicks contractions. Alot of women dont even notice them, but its just your uterus practicing for the real thing :)
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!
    tiffani_qt2001

Answer by tiffani_qt2001 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It's probably just the baby putting pressure down there...I'm 39 weeks now and I've been feeling it for a few weeks. It's not enjoyable! I feel it a lot in my lower back and tail bone. I can hardly walk or stand up...it makes it hard to chase after my 19 month old! Hang in there! You don't have much longer.
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 4:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009