Rabbit Having Babies? Do i Accept?

I have been looking for two rabbits lately and i wanted to find them and bring them home tommorow.
So i asked a friend if she knew of anyone who might have any and she said she did.
So i went over to her house today and she says she is moving away soon and is only taking her dogs Buffy & Sadie and needs to get rid of her rabbits, she has two Buttercup and Buster and she is due in about a month and she is moving in two weeks.
She said the vet estimates she will be having between 8-11 babies, they are both Holland Lops with beautiful colours, Buttercup is a stunning Harlequin and Buster is a white and dark brown colour.

So i was thinking if i did take them in would it affect the pregnancy even if she had the same cage? But would you do it? Keeping in mind we have plenty of love and care for them and lots of time.

Mummytomore

Asked by Mummytomore at 4:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Don't put them in the same cage! When mama has her babies HE may kill them, or if he doesn't he may stress her enough so she will kill them. Also, don't handle the babies AT ALL until they are at least 3 weeks old. Very tempting cuz they're cute, but it may aggravate mama and she'll kill them.

I'd separate them as soon as possible. He can breed her AGAIN within a day or two of the birth.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I used to breed rabbits, and they will be fine. I would take them, before she gives birth though, if she has given birth, it may be too stressful for mom.
    Anonymous

• The rabbit will adjust as long as she hasn't had her babies yet.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 8:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2009