Dealing with a 10 year old and attitude

I need some advice on how to handle my 10 year old son and his attitude. He just starting having this attitude and talking back this year. We moved to a different area and a new school and some of the kids that he goes to school with are really bad in the way they talk and act and one of the kids that is in his school even brags about beating up younger kids and laughs about it. I don't let my son play with these boys but can't keep him away from them when they are at school.

He has even started talking the way they talk and saying some of the things they say. We have tried taking away privileges, grounding him and nothing seems to work. I am at my wits' end with this child and am about ready to call boot camp and enroll him. The attitude and everything is filtering down to his 4 and a half year old brother also and I don't want him to start doing this. I just don't know want to do or say anymore. Please I need some help and support on this. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• welcome to my world... but mine is now 12 and I feel like sometimes I just wanna choke the life outta him. but not really!! I know I dealt with that pretty much on a daily basis. but it's usually worse when he comes back from his dad's house. I got so tired of his attitude that I completely cleaned out his room and have taken away everything that he loves and he's earning it back piece by piece. I told mine until his attitude changes he won't see a lick of anything he has. It's helping some, but when he back slides I take back what he earned and start the process over again. I wish you luck because I know it's hard.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2012